Friday, May 24, 2013

LiveFit and Yoga

So I completed day 4 yesterday of LiveFit and my arms are still sore from day 2 LOL.... but its a great feeling.  My legs are also still sore from day 3 (legs) ... proves to me that I am working hard!  I love lifting weights and seeing my muscles form.. its a great feeling of accomplishment.  When I have my down days I think about this and it helps!  The meal plan is really helpful too.  I am finally getting into the swing of it.  I still need to scope out some more clean recipes that incorporate lots of protein and veggies (or think them up myself).  I can't beleive that I am actually finding myself hungry every few hours.  But this means that my body is creating lean muscle which is causing a boost in my metabolism which means that I am burning way more calories during the day then before WHICH MEANS that the number on the scale is going down and my waist is shrinking.. <insert happy dance here>

So you know what else I love??? YOGA!!! I am starting a yoga teacher training at the Yoga Loft in Bethlehem PA on June 14, 2013 so I have been regularly (trying) to attend classes to get back into it.  This morning I took a yoga core flow class and I love it!  It feels so good to be on the mat sometimes.. like its exactly where I need to be at that moment!  While there I came across tank...
 and realized that its so true.. yoga is therapy.. its a talk with your best friend.. its a good glass of wine.. its a chocolate covered strawberry.. ok i know some of those things done cause help.. but yoga is amazing.  It makes you feel amazing inside and out.  With each week that I take a class I get better and better.  You aren't going to be able to twist yourself into a pretzel the first class but with consistency maybe one day you can.  Yoga is so healing even when you don't realize you need healing. 
Peace and Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment