Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Comfort Zone

So instead of a New Years Resolution, I have decided to have a mantra for 2012.  The mantra is Break Out of Your Comfort Zone Girl.  What is my comfort zone?  Home. Couch. TV.  Bed.  Being on auto pilot daily.  I feel like I do the same thing everyday.. wake up - go to work - come home - make dinner - watch TV or a movie and go to bed.. with a little of laundry and internet here and there.  I mean I don't even go to Yoga anymore (and I do really love Yoga) because when I get home from work I just want to be home.  I know that this sounds very much like agoraphoebia but it's really not like that.  So instead of the normal "New Year's Resolutions" that I seem to have every year (get healthy, eat clean, exercise, run a 5k or 10k or a mud run) I decided to be a little more positive about the new year and view the changes I want to make from a different angle.  I am not sure how I got where I am (my comfort zone) and maybe I feel it more now than ever because it's so dang cold out that it's hard to want to do anything or go anywhere after an 8 hour work day, but I know that it is no way to live and I know that I want to make a change.  So in an effort to move forward with my new positive attitude (and mantra) I am going to start taking Zumba classes.  This is definitely taking me out of my comfort zone not only by getting me out of the house but I CANNOT dance!!! So this is definitely going to be a challenge for me.  I am excited to try it out and I really hope that it's something I fall in love with.  Most people that I talk to say that once you try Zumba you become addicted.  Till next time!

1 comment: