Sunday, February 3, 2013

Salsa Chicken

So I talked about adding some recipes to my blog and here is my first one.  A friend of mine taught me this dish.  It's quick, easy and healthy! Perfect for those nights when you come home and don't want to cook.. and it prevents you from grabbing the phone and ordering take out.  So here is the recipe for Salsa Chicken:

Ingridients
3 chicken breasts (cubed into bite size pieces)
1 jar of salsa (I used Newman's Own but you can use any brand you want, just be sure to check the ingriedients to make sure that it's all natural and from the earth)
1 can of low sodium black beans rinsed


Directions
After you have cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces cook it over medium heat with a bit of EVOO.
Once chicken is cooked, add the jar of salsa to the pan and black beans to the pan until heated through.

 Serve over brown rice with a bit of shredded cheese of your choice over top!
 Quick easy clean delicious meal!
A suggestion with the leftovers is to cut the chicken into smaller pieces or shred it and add with rice and cheese into a wrap! 

I have shared my quick, easy and delicious weeknight meal, now share yours with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment